Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nag Diaries 78.9 - Return of the Ghost Blog Entry

I thought this was gone - but for some reason, it just popped right back up!

I don't like talking about my personal life, too much.  Especially my marriage.  But if there is something that I am going through that someone else may be experiencing, then it may be worth it.

At this stage in my marriage, I am experiencing some MOL tension.  We have moved to Mississippi.  I broke down and agreed.  The MOL is down here to help my sudd-muffins aunt.  That is another story though.  We moved into our apartment - a 3 bedroom and the MOL has laid claim to our extra bedroom.  
Don't get me wrong.  My MOL is WONDERFUL.  GREAT.  She has helped out so much - *cluck.  But sometimes, it's like, my sudd-muffin likes being around her more than me, his wife.  She can ask him to go to the store and he jumps right up, like sure, Mom, when do you want to leave?

Or, Son, can you iron this for me or what do you want for dinner?  

Now if I ask him to go to the store, it is more of a, "God, I don't feel like doing anything right now..."  If he is going to the store, I say, "Can I come with?" -  like a hopeful little, starved puppy - I just want to spend time with him - His response, "No, I just want to go and come back."  But let his mom say, oh, can I come with you?  SURE MOM, lets go!

All of my requests are met with deep manly sighs and exasperated shoulder heaving.  What did I do?  You married me.  We have had two miscarriages.  I have put up with your crap for 5 years.  I have stood by you and your crap for five years.  Sat and watched you waste hours in front of the Xbox and choked back complaints of laziness. 

Is my company that bad?  Am I really that uninteresting to just spend time around.  Or are men just really that selfish?
I see why marriages don't last - LAZINESS.  People don't want to work on the marriage but just have sex.  But even that takes work.  I mean, when I think about it, the sex is the highlight of the marriage - it's never bad.....ever.  Dang.  That's.....weird.  Hmmm....but I don't care about sex.  Well I don't care about it when I am not caring about it.  Get it?  
This is making me crazy.  I know I shouldn't compare what my husband does for his mother but any wife would expect her husband do even the little things.  Is that really too much to ask?  Do I really sign like a whiny, nagging wife right now?

Whatever then.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...