Saturday, December 3, 2011

Nag Diaries 34.6 - You've Earned 3 Minutes of Uninterrupted Face Time


Short of throwing 2 of the 4 pillows on my bed at the back of my sudd-muffins head, I instead just blurted out, "You have earned 3 minutes of uninterrupted face time - with me."  Inside, my eyes were closed tight and I was saying, please do it, please do it baby.

Him: "Three minutes?  Three minutes??"
Me: Yes
Sudd-muffin:  Ok.

He did it.  He put down the controller.  I got my android phone and set my stopwatch app for 3 minutes.  Laid down on the bed we both did.  Face to face we lay and commenced to stare at each other intently.  For 3 minutes.

The laughter bubbled up and out of me at the ridiculousness of this spur of the moment exercise.  We stared.  He made comments about the gray spots I have on my eyes.  I made comments about his nose and his wonderfully cleft chin.  

We were studying each other so intently that I didn't here the stopwatch go off.

I snatched up my phone thinking that stupid app didn't work.  It did.  The minutes passed so quickly that they were over before we knew it.   We went in for another 3 minutes.

This time we were silent.  It was different.  I liked it.  He was actually looking at me.  He was seeing me.

You may think I am crazy and no way this married couple actually did this.  Ha - oh yes the heck we did.  I love my hubby.  I want our marriage to go the distance.  If that means coming up with dumb 3 minute exercises - then so be it.  

That 6 minutes was the longest time he has spent looking at my face since we stood at the alter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...