Friday, November 9, 2007

The Nag Diaries

This picture was taken approximately one month after my car accident in 2006...........I didn't realize it would be a precursor for my marriage. So lets analyze.........My now husband is the man in the picture - Gezz - LOVE HIM. I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be missing half of myself but marriage does that to you. It takes the half of you that you thought you knew and replaces it with the person you are going to "know" for the rest of your life - that is if you stay married to one person........dang I feel for all those folks who have been married multiple times - now that is scary! So now you end up having to learn about who you are all over again in terms of your new spouse AND on top of that you have to learn about who your new spouse is in terms of being a NEW SPOUSE because people tend to be different after they get married, furthermore you find out that you may just have to change a little, ok some, no! dangit A HECK OF A WHOLE LOT just to be able to live sanely!!!!!

Anyway, so do men think in "male years"? What is male years you might ask, well it is my take on how men think in terms of their age. I believe my husband is in the "just discovered that I liked my freedom/privacy" stage which would be at about 13 in male years.

So how do I tackle that? His definition of nagging is quite different from mine. If I just happened to mention the same thing more then once but at different times or days - its nagging. In my opinion its constructive reminding.

I am only trying to help him out you know because he forgets and since I am biblically his "help mate" I should help him remember - kind of like Gingko Biloba - right? But is it too much? We have only been married for about 3 1/2 months and to me - I'm still honeymooning - but what to do when the sun keeps coming up on your honeymoon - and what the heck does honeymoon mean anyway???!!!! Sorry. (Clears throat)- I just want some insight some direction, a male perspective on this and can someone please tell me when married men actually start to get it? Because right now I feel like the series below......sometimes most of me is out of the equation, my husband acts like a baby, then I love him to death, then we both wig out and we are both left feeling bored and just.......plain..........blah........





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...