Monday, November 12, 2007

What's for Dinner?

yeah like I am supposed to know - Im at work! I love my husband really I do - never loved anyone like him and will never love anyone like him again.
Im at work and my honey - such the good husband that he is, calls me up to ask what I want for dinner. How am I supposed to know - Im thinking about when 6 o'clock is going to come around so I can go home.

So I make a quick suggestion to him of: Two cans of tomato sauce, beef for thin slicing, another bag of broccoli florets (we only have one), white pepper and red pepper flakes. This is a good dish - I got it off of a Campbell's tomato soup can - anyway, guess what the King says - "That doesn't sound very appetizing......." and then we start going back and forth about how he needs to try new things and dangit it might be good, and he is whining about how his momma used to push foreign dishes on him and of course I let him know right then and there that Im NOT his momma!

Mind you - Im a work and my immediate supervisor just happens to walk by when I say this and tosses me an "You ok?" look

Anyway, I still dont know whats for dinner......but the recipe is below if any of yall wanna try it...



Beef & Broccoli
From: Campbell's Kitchen
Prep/Cook: 25 minutes
Serves: 4


Steak strips are stir-fried with broccoli and simmered in a tangy tomato sauce. Served over rice, this tasty dish is sure to please your dinnertime crowd.
Ingredients:
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak OR beef top round steak, 3/4" thick1 tbsp. vegetable oil 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup 3 tbsp. soy sauce 1 tbsp. vinegar 1 tsp. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)3 cups fresh OR frozen broccoli flowerets 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions:


SLICE beef into very thin strips.
HEAT oil in skillet. Add beef and stir-fry until browned and juices evaporate.
ADD soup, soy, vinegar, garlic powder and pepper. Heat to a boil. Add broccoli and cook until tender-crisp. Serve over rice.


TIP: To make slicing easier, freeze beef 1 hr.

3 comments:

  1. Lol. Oh boy, do my boyfriend and I go through the same sort of stuff and it drives me crazy. I was brought up in a "try something at least once" household and I still have the same mindset. My boyfriend, on the other hand, thinks chicken, pizza, and Taco Bell are the only decent foods around, and that anything even slightly out of this needs tons of ketchup to be even tolerable (that is, *if* he's willing to try it in the first place). I have no idea how we'll ever get married like this....I need variety!! Lol.

    And I sure as hell don't know what's for dinner in advance on any given day....I'm busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month as well as post.

    I got lucky with my current boyfriend... He'll eat anything I put in front of him (so long as it doesn't have any meat in it... we're vegetarians). But when I was married, my husband wouldn't touch anything that even sounded like a vegetable. I got really good at disguising healthy foods as crap. Then he'd eat it!

    Happy Posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks pretty good!

    Happy NaBloPoMo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...