Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Password Wars

So my husband hasn't quite gotten the fact that - yes, we are married. He hoards his "privacy" and his obsession with "mine" as in that's mine, leave it alone, dont pick it up, I like my side of the closet junky because - "that's mine".

Me on the other hand decided the day that we got married that what was mine, was his, and what was his better be mine or else. Does that include email accounts? Yeppers buddy. I do a lot of stuff for my husband - better yet I handle a lot of the business aspect of our lives so it is essential that I know everything about my husband (which I do) including his email passwords. He didn't agree with me though.......


Me: Goes to PC to check hubs email, WTHeck, the password doesnt work! *thinks: he must have changed it*. Lightbulb! I will just do a password reset email to change it back. Proceeds to change password back to original, checks email, reads a couple that I shouldnt have and moves on to important issues regarding email.

Hubby: *thinks: I wonder if I got an email from my bro* Sets down to check email. Alert! Invalid password entered! *WTFreak, I didnt change my password* Stops and thinks.........WIFE! Proceeds to change password AGAIN to "LEAVEMYPASSWORDALONE" - Smiles at the irony of that. Gets up to go play video games.

Me - 30 minutes later: Let me see if he received any email from the school. Goes to check email - and wouldnt you know it - ALERT - INVALID PASSWORD! Sighs with anger and changes the password to "QUITBEINGSOSECRETIVE" and stomps away from the PC.

Hubby - 1 hour later: Let's see if she changed it again - she did. Proceeds to change the password to "NONEOFYOURBUSINESS".

Me: Changes it again to "YOUWILLNEVERKNOW"

Hubby: Changes password to "IDESERVEPRIVACY"

Me:  Changes password to "QUITCHANGINGPASSWORD"

4 hours later - Me and Hubby: "Why do you keep changing the password"

My hubby finally tells me that he needs to be able to have his privacy and I very diplomatically tell him that as long as I am going to be handling the business side of our marriage then your email passwords are MY email passwords, capisce?

Long story short, I know all his passwords and important numbers.......he couldnt hide them from me anyway.  I am too much of a snoop.

Toodles


3 comments:

  1. It's a difficult one really. Can't you allow him just one email account that you can't access. I'd go mad if my man kept checking all the things I sent and received - not that I've got any secrets.

    How do you cope with 4 blogs? I find it hard enough with one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm - I dont check my hubs emails just to be snooping but whenever we have business issues like making sure all his financial aid paperwork is in and stuff like that, then I am usually the one to handle these things. I honestly dont think he cares that I can access his email - he was just going through that 3 year old phase where everything is MINE. I cant cope with 4 blogs.......I am trying to figure out how to combine them......ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! Can't wait to do the swap-a-roo! :) mentioned ya on my blog, check it out at www.iloveakiwi.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...